Friday, April 3, 2015

Englisk Task - Poem Review (Miss by Robert Lee)

Miss 

I Miss you like the night
Who missed the moon

I miss you like the flowers
Missed the fragrant smell
I want us to always be together
As the soul with the body

Like a sky with clouds
Like the sun with ligth
Like rain with water droplets
You are like Soulmate for me

Now you go away
No smiled painted
No jokes that make me happy
No touch of warmth
Can you imagine
What I feel now?

Leaving you longing in my hearth
As the last memories
The most lasting forever

Meaning Of The Poem
This tells the story of someone who missed the first lover, who is no longer with him and

GRAMMAR
1. To Be
Are
Example from this poem: You are like Soulmate for me
Subject you selalu menggunakan to be are, dan jika kalimat yang disajikan merupakan kalimat past tense, maka to be akan berubah menjadi were (past tense dari are)
Is
Example from this poem:
– Is but a dream within a dream
– Is all that we see or seem
Subject it selalu menggunakan to be is, dan jika kalimat yang disajikan merupakan kalimat past tense, maka to be akan berubah menjadi was (past tense dari is)
Another example from to be:
– It is my house
– I am not ready for.

2. Modal
Can
Example from this poem:
– Can you Imagine
modal ini memiliki kegunaan untuk menyatakan kemampuan/ketidakmampuan (ability/possibility) dan izin informal (informal permission). Dalam menyatakan kemampuan/ketidakmampuan modal ini bisa digantikan dengan to be able atau to be capable of.
Another example:
– I can do this, man.

3. Adjective Clause
An adjective clause- also called an adjectival or relative clause-will meet three requirements :
• First, it will contain a subject and verb
• Next, it will begin with a relative pronoun (who, whom, whose, that, or which) or a relative adverb (when, where, or why)
• Finally, it will function as an adjective, answering the questions what kind? How many? Or which one?
Example from poem “I Miss you like the night Who missed the moon”



1.You are sick, but you don’t come  hospital to see a doctor.
You …. visit him soon.
A. would
B. could
C. should
D. will
E. Can

2. My motorcycle runs out of oil. I ….buy it because I will ride it to the meeting.
A. should
B. may
C. can
D. must
E. Might

3. Water…whenever it is heated.
A. will evaporate
B. evaporate
C. evaporated
D. can evaporate
E. to be evaporate

4. ………. I not grasp
A. Shall
B. Will
C. May
D. Can

5. He will have ………. from senior high school next year
A. Graduation
B. Graduated
C. Guarantee
D. Graduating

6. We are not ….. a trip to Thailand during rainy season
A. Plan
B. Planning
C. Planed
D. Planes

7. After normalization, the reservoir ….. to store 200,000 cubic metres of water
A. Will be able B. Is going to be able
C. Is going to
D. Will

8. You are sick, but you don’t come hospital to see a doctor. You ….. visit him soon
A. Would
B. Could
C. Should
D. Will

9.  My older brother … in Jakarta for  nine years before he moved to Denpasar- Bali.
A. has lived
B. had lived
C. has been living
D. was living
E. would live

10. I ….. running on Sunday morning
A. Like
B. Is
C. Am
D. Are


No comments:

Post a Comment